Parrano is a pasteurised cow’s milk Dutch cheese inspired by Italian cheese styles. It has the smooth creamy texture of a young Dutch Gouda and the nutty, sweet, buttery flavours of aged Parmesan. The hard cheese is also sometimes described as a balance between Gouda and Parmesan. Invented forty years ago and named after a small Umbrian village, Parrano is sold at three different ages / flavours.
- Parrano Originale – Aged for 5 months
- Parrano Robusto – Aged for 9 months
- Parrano Olifesta – Aged for 5 months and flavoured with sun-dried tomatoes, Italian herbs, and olive oil.
The rich, caramel flavours of Parrano add a new dimension to typical Latin recipes such as antipasto platter, pizzas, pastas and tortillas.
Pair the cheese with bold reds such as Chianti or Pinot Noir, a glass of Port or light, fruity wheat beers.
- Made from pasteurized cow's milk
- Country of origin: Holland and Netherlands
- Region: Het Groene Hart
- Family: Gouda
- Type: hard, artisan
- Texture: creamy, firm, open and smooth
- Rind: plastic
- Colour: pale yellow
- Flavour: buttery, creamy, nutty, savory, sweet
- Producers: Uniekaas Nederland B.V.
- Synonyms: Parrano Originale, Parrano Robusto, Parrano Olifesta
Other cheeses from Holland:
Beemster Aged, Beemster Extra Aged, Boeren-Leidse met sleutels, Doolin, Dutch Mimolette (Commissiekaas), Kanterkaas , Leyden, Picobello, Prima Donna, Prima Donna fino, Prima Donna forte, Prima Donna leggero, Prima Donna maturo, Smoked Gouda, Wilde Weide
Beemster Classic, Beemster Graskaas, Leerdammer
Beemster 2% Milk
fresh soft cheeses:
Other cheeses from Netherlands:
Aged Gouda, Beemster Aged, Beemster Extra Aged, Boeren-Leidse met sleutels, Kanterkaas , Lamb Chopper, L'Amuse Brabander Goat Gouda, L'Amuse Signature Gouda, Leyden, Midnight Moon, Picobello, Prima Donna, Prima Donna fino, Prima Donna forte, Prima Donna leggero, Prima Donna maturo, Reypenaer V.S.O.P., Reypenaer XO Reserve, Smoked Gouda, Wilde Weide
Beemster Classic, Beemster Graskaas, Gouda, Leerdammer, Maasdam, Reypenaer